Governors support of disadvantaged pupils -
Governors maintain a confident and positive vision for the school and ensure this is reflected in the school's work and achievements which supports the attainment of disadvantaged pupils.
The government report that the funding is having an impact in focusing attention on raising disadvantaged pupils' attainment.
Seven building blocks have been identified by the government:
- Promote an ethos of attainment for all pupils
- Have an individualised approach to addressing barriers to learning and emotional support as early as possible
- Focus on high quality teaching first rather than bolt on strategies and activities out of hours
- Focus on outcomes for individual pupils rather than providing strategies
- Deploy the best staff to work with disadvantaged pupils; develop the skills of teachers and support assistants who know the pupils well
- Make decisions based on data and respond to evidence using frequent formative assessment not relying on summative data only
- Have clear, responsive leadership that sets high aspirations and uses the deployment of devolved responsibility of staff not accepting low aspirations
School leaders will:
- Improve outcomes for disadvantaged pupils in the school
- Set clear expectations with staff
- Lead by example and accept no excuse
- Ensure high quality staff are in place
- Make creative decisions based on evidence
- Ensure the funding is targeted to improve outcomes for every individual
Pupil Premium Statement 2021-2024
Pupil Premium Action Plan 2020/21
This Pupil Premium Strategy will be reviewed termly and uploaded.
COVID Catch-Up Premium Plan 2020-21